Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Break

I realized this morning that I've been writing on this blog pretty much non-stop for 3 1/2 months. I tend to be a prolific writer, so that's not a surprise, but when I reflect on some of the responses to my blog posts as well as replies to the comments I've made on other people's blogs, I can see that I may be getting ahead of myself and not spending as much time with myself and with God as I need. As difficult as it may be for me to keep my big mouth shut (or my flashing fingers off the keyboard), I'm going to shut this down for awhile. I'm not sure how long. I'll leave that up to God.

While many of the responses to this blog have been thoughtful and considerate, I realize I'm not exactly on everybody's "favorite person" list in the Messianic blogosphere. I fly in the face of accepted tradition. I question "sacred cows" all the time (they don't say much except "Moo"..little joke there), and I really don't see why it's so difficult to build bridges between the different communities in "the movement" and to overcome what seems to be an isolationist mentality between different groups, all of whom profess to be disciples of the Messiah.

I'm going to cease performing my Don Quixote imitation now, put down my lance, and stop annoying the windmills, at least for the present. I'll still respond to comments made on this blog as appropriate, but otherwise, I'll try to stay out of the way and spend more time attending to my own spirituality and to my relationship with God.

Blessings.

Peace. Out.

4 comments:

Gene Shlomovich said...

"I realize I'm not exactly on everybody's "favorite person" list in the Messianic blogosphere."

James, you're my favorite Messianic Gentile person in the whole blogosphere!

I know how you feel about taking a break. That's what I am doing myself (as you know.) Enjoy your rest and don't sweat the small stuff - G-d is bigger than our little chatter!

James said...

Thanks, Gene. You're a gentleman and a man of God. Blessings.

Dan Benzvi said...

DON'T GO!!!!!!

PLEASE DON'T GO!!!!

SAY IT AIN'T SO, JAMES...

Allison said...

*sigh*
I understand and respect this move.
I'll have to make do with your status updates for now... :)
Praying for a time of focus, peace & refreshment, my friend~